Pork ‘n’ Pea Stir-Fry
You don't need a wok to make this simple stir-fry from Verona Koehlmoos of Pilger, Nebraska. A fast-to-fix sauce coats strips of pork, pretty green onions and crisp-tender snow peas.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless pork, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package (6 ounces) frozen snow peas, thawed
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup beef broth
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, heat oil at 70% power for 1-1/2 minutes. Add the pork, soy sauce and garlic powder; toss to coat. Cover and microwave on high for 5-6 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Stir in peas and onions. Cover and microwave at 70% power for 2-1/4 minutes. Combine cornstarch and broth until smooth; gradually stir into pork mixture. Cover and microwave on high for 1-1/2 minutes; stir. Cover and microwave 3-4 minutes longer or until thickened, stirring every minute. Serve with rice if desired.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 277 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 723mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Apr 11, 2014
This is a very fast, tasty stir-fry. I use a skillet, not the microwave. If I'm feeling particularly lazy, sometimes I use frozen chopped white onion instead of chopping green onion.