Pork ‘N’ Green Chili Tortillas
This tortilla recipe is a big hit with my family. I'm often asked to make it for special occasions.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each), cubed
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 6 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper; add the pork. Seal bag and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook pork over medium heat in oil until no longer pink. Add chilies and salsa. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Spoon 1/2 cup pork mixture down the center of each tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese; roll up.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 697 calories, 34g fat (15g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 1430mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 37g protein.
Originally published as Pork 'n' Green Chili Tortillas in Country Extra July 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.