Pork ‘n’ Beans Bake
This dish always goes over big whatever I prepare it. Served with a green salad and warm bread. It's truly a taste treat.—Betty Burt, Corinne, Utah
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 cans (15-3/4 ounces each) pork and beans
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion, green pepper and celery over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
You can make Pork 'N' Beans Bake even when it's too hot to turn on the oven Cook the beef, onion, green pepper and celery in a Dutch oven; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; simmer for 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 213 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 380mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Pork 'N' Beans Bake in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book