Pork & Mozzarella Crostini
When hosting an appetizer party, it's nice to offer some heartier options like this meaty crostini. You can make the pork a day ahead, then assemble and broil as guests arrive.—Elizabeth Dumont, Boulder, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces), sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Place pork on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Rub with 2 teaspoons oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 450° for 20-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Place bread on ungreased baking sheets; brush with remaining oil. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until toasted. Rub toast with garlic.
- Combine the cream cheese, shallot, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne; spread over toast. Thinly slice the pork, tomatoes and mozzarella cheese; arrange on toast. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 122 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 116mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Pork Tenderloin Crostini with Horseradish Cream Cheese in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2010