Pork Medallions with Garlic-Strawberry Sauce Recipe
- 2 cups whole fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Sliced fresh strawberries, optional
- 1. Place whole strawberries, water and bouillon in a food processor; process until blended. Place flour, eggs and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls.
- 2. Cut pork into 1/2-in. slices; pound each with a meat mallet to 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Dip pork in flour to coat both sides; shake off excess. Dip in eggs, then in crumbs, patting to adhere.
- 3. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add pork; cook until tender, 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- 4. In same pan, saute garlic in remaining butter 1 minute. Stir in strawberry mixture; heat through. Serve pork with sauce; if desired, top with sliced strawberries. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving: 422 calories, 25g fat (13g saturated fat), 203mg cholesterol, 811mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Pork Medallions with Garlic-Strawberry Sauce
"My husband and I just finished eating this and we were speechless! We never would have thought that these flavors would taste so good together."
"This are moist and juicy inside and crispy, crunch on the outside. I didn't have enough strawberries so I made up the shortage with peaches. Wow!"
"Great combination of flavors."
"Family loved it"
"I really enjoyed the flavor on this with the strawberry. I cut back on the garlic so more of the pork/fruit flavor would come through."
"The whole family loved this."
"I thought I would love this recipe as I am the ultimate sweet sauce with salty meat fan but I gotta say I wasn't a fan. Not sure if there was something wrong with my strawberries but the sauce was awful. The breaded pork tasted like chicken fried rice because of the egg. Too bad - I thought this would be a winner."
"Making a thick sauce of whole strawberry preserves,a little water, melted butter and minced garlic works better. The sweetness makes a big difference! SiameseCat2"
"I didn't like this cimbination together. Strawberries and pork just don't go together!"
"did not like this at all - usually like pork and fruit but not like this - family would not eat had to get take out."