Pork Medallions with Cranberry Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook pork in batches over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- Add the cranberry sauce, barbecue sauce, water, garlic and five-spice powder to the skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork.
Nutrition Facts3 ounces cooked pork with about 1 tablespoon sauce: 190 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 5, 2013
My children are incredibly picky eaters, and I always know they'll eat this. They like plain cranberry sauce, but my husband and I really like the jazzed-up version in this recipe.