Pork Medallions in Mustard Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons thawed apple juice concentrate
- 4-1/2 teaspoons stone-ground mustard
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a small bowl, mix broth, apple juice concentrate and mustard. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown pork on both sides; remove from pan.
- 2. Add garlic to same pan; cook and stir 1 minute. Add broth mixture, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 6-8 minutes or until liquid is reduced to about 1/3 cup.
- 3. Return pork to pan; cook, covered, over low heat 3-4 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°. Mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
3 ounces cooked pork with about 2 tablespoons sauce: 193 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 356mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Pork Medallions in Mustard Sauce
"This was a very flavorful dish and simple as well. Will definitely be making again. My husband and both felt we would pay for this in a restaurant."
"This was really good ..followed MicheleG's advice. about cooking on a cold pan..I added a little white wine to the sauce"
"Absolutely delicious!! I even used Motts 40% Less sugar apple juice & it was still flavorful. I always add a bit more garlic & pepper to my liking. I really enjoyed this recipe."
"So flavorful and tender...tried the tip from previous post and put the pork in a cold skillet--AMAZING; I have never had it more tender!"