Pork Meatballs Kabobs Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup crushed chow mein noodles
- 2 tablespoons plus 3/4 cup apple cider or juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger, divided
- 3/4 pound ground pork
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 20 small fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1. In a bowl, combine the egg, chow mein noodles, 2 tablespoons cider, soy sauce and 1/4 teaspoon ginger. Crumble pork over mixture and mix well. Shape into 20 meatballs.
- 2. On 10 soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread peppers and mushrooms; add one meatball to both ends of each skewer. Place in an ungreased 11x7-in. microwave-safe dish; set aside.
- 3. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the cornstarch, vinegar and remaining cider and ginger until smooth. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-4 minutes or until thickened, stirring every 30 seconds.
- 4. Pour 1/4 cup glaze over the kabobs. Loosely cover with waxed paper. Microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°, turning and brushing with drippings every 2 minutes. Serve with remaining glaze. Yield: 3 servings.
7 piece: 390 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 147mg cholesterol, 431mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Pork Meatballs Kabobs
"I think this might be a lot better if grilled. I couldn't eat more than a few small bites because I couldn't get past the white/gray color of the pork."