Pork Marsala Recipe
- 4 ounces linguine
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup marsala wine or beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound cooked pork tenderloin, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in oil and butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Stir in the wine, tomato paste, salt and pepper until blended. Add pork. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley. Drain linguine; serve with pork mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 562 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 413mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 34g protein.
Reviews for Pork Marsala
"I didn't have already cooked pork tenderloin so I cooked chopped up tenderloin in the pan first and removed it to complete the rest of the recipe. I added more marina wine than called for. It was delicious!"
"This is a nice recipe. We do occasionally get tired of fighting with linguine so I used rotini. I did leave out the salt because I have a low salt hubby and I used beef broth with no-salt added to have less sodium. That made this dish low enough that he could eat all he wanted and enjoy it and...he did. Me too."
"This dish is outstanding. It is so easy and rich with flavor that it could definately be a dish fit for a king."