Pork & Mango Poppers
????I’m a big fan of jalapeno poppers and was looking for some interesting flavors to use in them. These have a surprisingly sweet, savory and spicy combination. They are always the talk of the party! —Lee Evans, Queen Creek, AZ
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 medium mango, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 16 large jalapeno peppers
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small skillet, cook pork over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Place in a small bowl; stir in the mango, cheeses, cinnamon and cardamom.
- Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise; remove seeds and membranes. Spoon pork mixture into pepper halves, a scant tablespoonful in each. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
Test Kitchen tips
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 popper: 55 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 42mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.