Pork Loin with Peppers
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours + standing
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons horseradish
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (4-1/2 pounds)
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into 3-inch strips
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, cut into 3-inch strips
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/4 cups dry red wine, cranberry juice or grape juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, brown sugar, horseradish and dill; spread over roast. Place in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour.
- Arrange peppers and mushrooms around roast. Combine wine or juice and lemon juice; pour over vegetables. Bake 30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160° and vegetables are tender.
- Remove vegetables and keep warm. Broil roast 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes or until a crust forms. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with vegetables.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 268 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 221mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 34g protein.
Apr 1, 2014
This was excellent. My husband loved it! The roast had a lot of flavor and the meat was cooked perfectly. I added more dill and I did not have horseradish on hand. I used Crangrape juice. Will make again!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.