- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons horseradish
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (4-1/2 pounds)
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into 3-inch strips
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, cut into 3-inch strips
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/4 cups dry red wine, cranberry juice or grape juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, brown sugar, horseradish and dill; spread over roast. Place in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour.
- Arrange peppers and mushrooms around roast. Combine wine or juice and lemon juice; pour over vegetables. Bake 30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and vegetables are tender.
- Remove vegetables and keep warm. Broil roast 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes or until a crust forms. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forPork Loin with Peppers
"This was excellent. My husband loved it! The roast had a lot of flavor and the meat was cooked perfectly. I added more dill and I did not have horseradish on hand. I used Crangrape juice. Will make again!"