VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup sherry or apple juice
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 bone-in pork loin roast (5 pounds)
- 2/3 cup currant jelly
- 1 tablespoon sherry or apple juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; mix well. Pour 1-1/4 cups marinade into a 2-gal. resealable plastic bag; add the pork roast. seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from roast. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°, basting every 30 minutes with reserved marinade. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. In a small saucepan, combine sauce ingredients; bring to a boil over medium heat. Serve with the pork. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Pork Loin with Currant Sauce in Light & Tasty October/November 2003, p37