Pork Loin Supper
A hint of cinnamon gives additional flavor to this tender roast, while the vegetables and dried fruits add extra goodness. This recipe was given to me by my aunt over 30 years ago. It's a complete meal in one pan.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 2-1/4 hours + standing
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 bone-in pork loin roast (about 4-1/2 pounds)
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 12 pitted dried plums
- 12 dried apricots
- 1 thin lemon slice
- 2 cans (10-1/2 ounces each) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika; rub over the roast. Place in a shallow roasting pan. Arrange vegetables and fruit around roast. Combine broth, butter and cinnamon; pour over vegetable mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 1-1/2 hours longer or until a thermometer reads 160°, basting often. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes before carving.
Originally published as Pork Loin Supper in Country Woman Christmas 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.