Pork in Orange Sauce Recipe
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 large carrots, julienned
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons salted cashew halves
- 1. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the orange juice, ginger, soy sauce and orange peel until blended; set aside.
- 2. In a nonstick skillet or wok lightly coated with cooking spray, stir-fry the pork for 4-5 minutes or until no longer pink; remove and keep warm. Add carrots and celery; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 3. Stir orange juice mixture; add to vegetables. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Return pork to the pan; heat through. Stir in cashews. Yield: 3 servings.
1-1/4 cups: 282 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 292mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.