Pork in Orange Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 large carrots, julienned
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons salted cashew halves
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the orange juice, ginger, soy sauce and orange zest until blended; set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet or wok lightly coated with cooking spray, stir-fry the pork for 4-5 minutes or until no longer pink; remove and keep warm. Add carrots and celery; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Stir orange juice mixture; add to vegetables. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Return pork to the pan; heat through. Stir in cashews.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 282 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 292mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Apr 14, 2010
Pork in orange sauce is one my family asks for if we have all the ingredients. My fourth son is an awesome cook and he makes this whenever he can. It tastes so good and is so easy to make, it's a keeper for sure and going in my recipe box so he can make it again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.