Pork in Orange Sauce for 2
"This Asian-inspired stir-fry pairs nicely with a cucumber salad in vinaigrette dressing." —Marlene Kroll, Chicago, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lightly salted cashews
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup cubed cooked pork
- 1/4 cup chow mein noodles
- 1 green onion, julienned
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, sugar, ginger and orange zest. Stir in orange juice and soy sauce until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the celery, carrots and cashews in oil until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Add pork; heat through. Serve with rice; top with noodles and onion.