A hint of orange flavors this tender pork stir-fry with crunchy cashews. Created by our Test Kitchen, it’s a colorful combination that makes an everyday meal seem like a special occasion.
Recommended: 40 Easy Pork Chop Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 large carrots, julienned
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons salted cashew halves
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the orange juice, ginger, soy sauce and orange zest until blended; set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet or wok lightly coated with cooking spray, stir-fry the pork for 4-5 minutes or until no longer pink; remove and keep warm. Add carrots and celery; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Stir orange juice mixture; add to vegetables. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Return pork to the pan; heat through. Stir in cashews. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Pork in Orange Sauce in Light & Tasty April/May 2006, p52
Reviews forPork in Orange Sauce
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review