Pork Green Chili Stew
Green chilies add a little spice to this flavorful pork stew that also features corn, potatoes and tomatoes.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 1 hour
Makes8 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts)
- 2 pounds lean boneless pork, cut into 1-1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cans (11 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 3 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- In a large Dutch oven, brown pork in batches in oil over medium-high heat. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until pork is tender.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 333 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 1017mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Pueblo Green Chili Stew in The Taste of Home Cookbook 1st edition