Pork Grapefruit Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup thawed grapefruit juice concentrate
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 medium sweet red or green pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into thin strips
- 3 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, grapefruit juice concentrate, water, soy sauce, honey and ginger; set aside. In a skillet or wok, stir-fry zucchini and red pepper in oil over medium-high heat until crisp-tender, 3-4 minutes. Remove and keep warm. Add half of the pork; stir-fry until no longer pink, about 4 minutes. Remove and keep warm. Repeat with remaining pork.
- Add sauce to skillet; bring to a boil. Cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Return pork and vegetables to pan; stir until coated. Gently stir in grapefruit. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve over rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 320 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 364mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 7g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fruit, 1 vegetable.
Dec 26, 2019
This the the only meal I’ve ever cooked that my husband has been unable to finish. I wanted to like it because of all the nutrients in the ingredients. The grapefruit was waaaaaay too much. I definitely think you could try it with oranges like another reviewer did, and it would be just fine. I’d rather not try this again though.
Nov 9, 2019
I made this recipe because it is commendably healthy and I'm always looking for healthy recipes. It was OK but the combination of flavors wasn't all that agreeable to my taste buds. But taste is a personal thing and others may love it. I didn't add it to my recipe collection.
Nov 6, 2019
I've been collecting zucchini recipes for years, and this is probably my favorite to date!! I took a poll with my family asking if they would prefer grapefruit of orange for this stir-fry, and orange was the unanimous vote -- although it was so good I WOULD like to try it with grapefruit! I already had cooked pork so I just threw that in along with the vegies although I worked to keep them crisp. Frankly, it was a lot easier that way. We will definitely have this again!