Pork Garden Bean Soup
This creamy soup is a great way to start a meal.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 bone-in pork loin chop (about 1/2 pound)
- 3/4 cup cut fresh green beans
- 3/4 cup cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- Place water and pork chop in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes, just until pork is tender. Remove from water. Cool; cut into cubes.
- Add the beans, potatoes, carrot, salt and pepper to cooking liquid. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Return pork to pan; stir in cream and heat through (do not boil).
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 290 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 664mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as Pork Garden Bean Soup in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.