VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 bone-in pork loin chop (about 1/2 pound)
- 3/4 cup cut fresh green beans
- 3/4 cup cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- Place water and pork chop in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes, just until pork is tender. Remove from water. Cool; cut into cubes.
- Add the beans, potatoes, carrot, salt and pepper to cooking liquid. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Return pork to pan; stir in cream and heat through (do not boil). Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pork Garden Bean Soup in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p97
Reviews forPork Garden Bean Soup
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 22, 2012
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2009
"add a teaspoon of fresh parsley and savory and onion very good"