- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 bone-in pork loin chop (about 1/2 pound)
- 3/4 cup cut fresh green beans
- 3/4 cup cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- Place water and pork chop in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes, just until pork is tender. Remove from water. Cool; cut into cubes.
- Add the beans, potatoes, carrot, salt and pepper to cooking liquid. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Return pork to pan; stir in cream and heat through (do not boil). Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forPork Garden Bean Soup
"add a teaspoon of fresh parsley and savory and onion very good"