Pork Chops with Zucchini Dressing
When my mom was in her 90s, I copied all her recipes and made a cookbook that I sent as a Christmas gift to my children, nieces and nephews. These tender pork chops were always one of my favorites. -Marguery Saxe, Wilbraham, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups chopped zucchini
- 3 cups cubed bread, toasted
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and about 2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- In a skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. In a bowl, combine the zucchini, bread cubes, egg white, parsley and poultry seasoning. Stir in celery mixture. Cover and refrigerate.
- Arrange pork chops in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Dissolve bouillon in hot water; drizzle over chops. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30 minutes. Top with zucchini dressing. Cover and bake 20 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 328 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 512mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Pork Chops with Zucchini Dressing in Taste of Home August/September 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.