- 4 thick-sliced bacon strips, chopped
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup julienned oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Preheat broiler. In a large ovenproof skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Add chops to drippings; cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix bacon, tomatoes, brown sugar and rosemary.
- Spoon tomato mixture over chops. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 1-2 minutes or until brown sugar is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPork Chops with Tomato-Bacon Topping
"I've tried a lot of pork chop recipes from this site and this was one of the best."