- 2 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each and 3/4 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mace
- Dash pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- In a small nonstick skillet, brown pork chops in oil. Place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with sweet potato; drizzle with butter.
- In a small saucepan, combine the orange juice, brown sugar, salt, ginger, mace and pepper; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Pour over sweet potato.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until the pork reaches 160° and potato is tender. Remove pork and potato; keep warm. Pour pan juices into a small saucepan. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with pork and sweet potato. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forPork Chops with Sweet Potato
"I to did not have mace and left it out of the recipe and I did not thicken the pan juice from the baked chops but they turned out great. Even my two year old had seconds."
"After reading the reviews, I jump-started the sweet potato in the microwave for 2 minutes. At the end of 35 minutes the potatos were perfect"
"We absolutely loved this dish. I didn't have mace, and it called for such a small amount, that I just left that out. I used fresh ginger instead of ground. Like a previous reviewer said, my potatoes weren't done after 30 minutes, so I let them go an additional 10. After a total of 40, they were done, but not mushy. This is definitely going into my monthly meal rotation."
"My sweet potatoes were still somewhat crunchy after baking."