Pork Chops with Sauerkraut Recipe
- 4 bone-in center-cut pork loin chops (8 ounces each and 1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 jar (32 ounces) sauerkraut, undrained
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side; drain. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the sauerkraut and brown sugar. Top with pork chops, green pepper and onion. Cover and cook on low for 3 to 3-1/2 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 361 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 1536mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 7g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Sauerkraut
"Delicious...replacing my original pork and kraut recipe. Love it!!!!!"
"I only used about half of the brown sugar and would leave if out next time. Didn't enjoy the sweetness. I did add a cut up red potato on top with a little salt and pepper. Good"
"I would not make it for me, but everyone else enjoyed it tremendously. And I mean everyone. Maybe I don't like sauerkraut as much as I thought. To reiterate, it was highly popular with everyone else (5 other people who do like sauerkraut)."
"I always not only drain sauerkraut, but also rinse it well: it's sour enugh! I had mashed potatoes with this dish and it was perfect."
"Awful...ended up costing me ingredients and $25 for pizza...it was that bad!!! My husband who will eat anything took one bite and could not choke it down...had the perfect pork chops too...its a shame they had to be thrown in the trash. What a waste!!!"