Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 5 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 jar (16 ounces) shredded sweet-and-sour red cabbage, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Dash celery seed
- 1 small onion, peeled and halved
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in oil. In a bowl, combine the cabbage, pineapple, parsley, dried onion, oregano, pepper and celery seed. Cut each onion half into eight wedges; place over pork chops. Top with cabbage mixture.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until meat juices run clear and onions are tender.
1 each: 336 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 67mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.