Pork Chops with Pear Stuffing
My husband loves pork and stuffing, so this recipe combines the best of both worlds for him. With a vegetable and salad, this dish really perks up our dinner table during the week.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 8 pork chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1-3/4 cups corn-bread stuffing mix
- 1 fresh pear, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chops in oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until chops are lightly browned; drain and set aside. Add butter to skillet; saute celery and onion until tender. Remove from the heat Add stuffing mix, pear, pecans, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper; mix well. Add water; toss gently to moisten.
- Spoon a fourth of the stuffing on one pork chop; top with another chop and secure with string. Repeat with remaining chops and stuffing. Stand chops vertically, but not touching, in a deep roasting pan. Add water to a depth of 1/4 in.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Uncover and bake 5 minutes longer to brown. Remove string.