Pork Chops with Parmesan Sauce for Two
Moist and tender chops make a speedy and comforting weeknight meal that's just right for two. They’re dressed with a smooth, creamy sauce seasoned with Parmesan, onion and a hint of nutmeg, parsley and thyme. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chops in butter over medium heat until meat juices run clear; remove and keep warm.
- Combine flour and milk until smooth; stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in remaining ingredients; heat through. Serve with chops.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 1/4 cup sauce: 247 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 488mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Parmesan Puff Pork Chops in Healthy Cooking April/May 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.