Pork Chops with Orange Sauce for Two
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Broil: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour a scant 1/2 cup into a large bowl. Add pork chops; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for sauce.
- Drain and discard marinade. On a lightly oiled grill rack, grill chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and reserved marinade. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with chops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 269 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 451mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.
Dec 13, 2011
Very easy to make, I did not add the orange zest and let it sit for about an hour vs 8 hours still came out great. Husband LOVED it, he could not tell the pineapple juice was in it (not a fan of pineapples). Next time I plan to double the sauce though. We had it with white rice, very filling.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.