Tangy orange flavors the marinade and sweet sauce that dress up these tender and juicy chops. Add mashed potatoes or rice and a simple side salad for a fuss-free supper. Mary Chandler - Grand Tower, Illinois
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour a scant 1 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for sauce.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and reserved marinade. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chops with Orange Sauce in Healthy Cooking June/July 2010, p53
Reviews forPork Chops with Orange Sauce
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 18, 2010
"These chops were absolutely delicious. It is another of your recipes I will make again and again."