Pork Chops with Onions and Apples
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the pepper, salt and garlic powder. Rub over pork chops. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onions and apples in butter until tender. Stir in brown sugar; cook until thickened and bubbly. Serve with pork chops.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 7, 2018
Very Good. I cooked my pork chops in a larger pan sprayed with cooking spray. When the chops were done, I wiped down the pan and put on the sides of the pan to keep warm. I turned down the burner to space onions and apples took up. Then I melted butter in the middle of the pan, added my onions and apples and sauted them. Worked perfect.
Dec 27, 2011
These were very good pork chops. They stayed very moist. I actually made them during the winter so I could not grill them. I put them in a covered skillet with the sauce and they turned out great. The only thing I did differently the second time I made them was I doubled the onions, apples, and butter (I didn't double the brown sugar) and after the ingredients thickened a bit I added a little chicken broth and then simmered the chops in it. They are delicious this way too!