- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the pepper, salt and garlic powder. Rub over pork chops. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onions and apples in butter until tender. Stir in brown sugar; cook until thickened and bubbly. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPork Chops with Onions and Apples
"Very Good. I cooked my pork chops in a larger pan sprayed with cooking spray. When the chops were done, I wiped down the pan and put on the sides of the pan to keep warm. I turned down the burner to space onions and apples took up. Then I melted butter in the middle of the pan, added my onions and apples and sauted them. Worked perfect."
"These were very good pork chops. They stayed very moist. I actually made them during the winter so I could not grill them. I put them in a covered skillet with the sauce and they turned out great. The only thing I did differently the second time I made them was I doubled the onions, apples, and butter (I didn't double the brown sugar) and after the ingredients thickened a bit I added a little chicken broth and then simmered the chops in it. They are delicious this way too!"