- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 envelope pork gravy mix
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup water
- Sprinkle pork chops with pepper and salt. In a large skillet, cook chops and onion in oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until chops are lightly browned; drain.
- Add broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 14-16 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, turning once.
- In a small bowl, whisk the gravy mix, garlic powder and water. Pour over pork. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPork Chops with Onion Gravy
"I made recipe as listed except I put mine in the oven covered with foil at 350 for about 45 minutes. Very tender pork chops and the gravy was delicious over mashed potatoes!"
"Good, right at the end added more chicken broth to the gravy since it was too thick. Served with the smashed potatoe recipe ! The two were great together!"
"A bit on the bland side as is, but a lot of potential as a base recipe to work off of and improve."
"I thought that this was really good and super simple! I had a friend coming up that wanted to have pork chops and gravy. I myself had never heard of it before this was just what I needed and he loved it! I will definitely keep this recipe handy for when he comes again! Wonderful job!"
"This was very easy to make and very tasty. The chops were very tender and moist. Will definitely be using this one again."
"This was a favorite go-to recipe for years when I cooked for the local Moose Lodge. Still use it at home now that I'm retired. Have shared the recipe with many friends over the years."
"Delicious! Used brown gravy mix and browned my pork chops 5-6 minutes on each side. Added to "my favorites" recipe file."