Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 1-3/4 hours
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 4 pork chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup cold water
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine half of the flour and bread crumbs; add pork chops, a few at a time. Seal bag and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet cook chops in oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until chops are lightly browned; drain. Add the onion, garlic, pepper and water. Stir in the bouillon, browning sauce if desired and bay leaves; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°.
- Discard bay leaves. Remove pork to serving platter and keep warm. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Add mushrooms to skillet. Combine cold water and remaining flour until smooth; stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly. Stir in the remaining bread crumbs. Serve with pork chops.
Apr 10, 2017
I'm confused by 'this recipe. It says it's a slow cooker recipe and requires 1 3/4 hour cook time, but I don't see that in the directions printed. Is there a typo?
May 24, 2013
These pork chops were very good and tasty and gave you that "down home" feeling! Only thing I will change next time is to use more onions and to cook it a little longer to make it even more tender.
Apr 15, 2011
these pork chops were the best I have ever tasted. The whole family totally enjoyed them. I followed the recipe as written,The only thing I did differently was not adding the bread crumbs at the end of the recipe. The gravy was thick enough and tasted fantastic. definitely a keeper recipe!
Apr 10, 2011
We really enjoyed these! The chops are wonderfully tender and flavorful! The only thing I'd change next time is to replace the bread crumbs in the gravy with additional flour...the bread crumbs gave it an odd texture/thickness.
Dec 8, 2008
My husband said these were the best pork chops he ever had! Only thing, gravy was very thick. Will definitely put this one in recipe box!