Pork Chops with Herb Pesto for Two
You won’t believe how much a handful of fresh garden herbs can pump up the flavor of ordinary pork chops. Our taste panel simply raved about these! They’d also be fantastic with garlic mashed potatoes. —Lisa Bynum, Brandon, Mississippi
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons each minced fresh rosemary, sage, thyme, parsley and basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the water, herbs, oil and garlic; brush over both sides of chops. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 240 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 211mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat.
Originally published as Pork Chops with Herb Pesto in Healthy Cooking August/September 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.