You won’t believe how much a handful of fresh garden herbs can pump up the flavor of ordinary pork chops. Our taste panel simply raved about these! They’d also be fantastic with garlic mashed potatoes. —Lisa Bynum, Brandon, Mississippi
Recommended: 57 Recipes with Fresh Herbs
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons each minced fresh rosemary, sage, thyme, parsley and basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the water, herbs, oil and garlic; brush over both sides of chops. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chops with Herb Pesto for Two in Healthy Cooking