Pork Chops with Gravy Recipe
This is an impressive and elegant dish that can be served to guests. You can use any fresh herbs you like, even the ones you have one hand.—Betty Slivon, Sun City, Arizona
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and milk. Combine the bread crumbs, 1 teaspoon parsley and thyme in another shallow bowl. Sprinkle pork chops with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Dip chops in egg mixture, then crumb mixture.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook pork chops in oil for 4 minutes on each side. Transfer to an ungreased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- 3. Meanwhile, in the same skillet, melt butter. Stir in flour and remaining salt and pepper until smooth; gradually stir in cream and broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve gravy with pork chops; sprinkle with remaining parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 683 calories, 55g fat (23g saturated fat), 189mg cholesterol, 933mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 34g protein.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Gravy
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC