- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a small skillet over medium-low heat, cook onion in 2 teaspoons oil until golden brown and very tender, about 10 minutes. Add ginger; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, combine the chili powder, salt, pepper and cinnamon; rub over both sides of pork chops. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chops in remaining oil for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Add the broth, syrup and onion mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until meat is tender. Remove chops and keep warm. Bring broth mixture to a boil; cook, uncovered, until liquid is thickened and reduced to 1/2 cup. Serve chops with rice and sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPork Chops with Ginger Maple Sauce
"Really good. I added a little garlic and soy sauce to the sauce."
"These had an interesting flavor that I found very appealing. I will be making these again."
"pork chops were tender and flover was good and different because of the spices. I poured the juice on the rice and it was too sweet and the flavor was fair but not yummy."
"These were good and I would make them again, but they just weren't as flavorful as I was expecting them to be."
"These were AWESOME!!! Even my hubby was impressed. Lately, every time I cook pork chops they are always DRY...these were deliciously moist and tender with fantastic flavor!"
"DELICIOUS!!! YUM YUM!!! I make this atleast once a week, and make enough so I have leftovers LOL. its that good! I LOVE IT!!!"
"I actually made a BBQ sauce from the sauce ingredients and thickened with cornstarch and BBQ the chops in it. It was really good and the BBQ was good on the rice, which I made jasmine rice instead of white. Very good."
"Really good. I suggest increasing the spice rub, because I don't feel like it is enough for 4 good sized chops. But very good."
"I made this for my family of five last night and they all loved it! It was so easy to make. What was great is I didn't have to turn on the oven. I made extra sause to be able to put more over the rice."