- 2 bone-in center-cut pork loin chops (12 ounces each)
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit
- 1/3 cup DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Place pork chops in a 1-1/2-qt. oval or 3-qt. slow cooker. In a bowl, combine the fruit, pineapple juice, corn syrup, salt and curry powder; pour over chops. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 4-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- With a slotted spoon, remove meat and fruit to a serving platter and keep warm. In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir in the cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over chops and fruit. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chops with Fruit in Cooking for 2 Winter 2006, p18
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Fruit
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2012
"My family loves it. It over cooks easily so put the pork on the bottom with the fruit on top. Keep an eye on it during last part of cooking time"