Pork Chops with Fruit
“This recipe came from a good friend, and it’s been a big hit whenever I’ve served it,” Marian Platt relates from Sequim, Washington. “With rice pilaf and a green salad, a quick meal for company is ready.”
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 2 bone-in center-cut pork loin chops (12 ounces each)
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit
- 1/3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Place pork chops in a 1-1/2-qt. oval or 3-qt. slow cooker. In a bowl, combine the fruit, pineapple juice, corn syrup, salt and curry powder; pour over chops. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 4-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- With a slotted spoon, remove meat and fruit to a serving platter and keep warm. In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir in the cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over chops and fruit.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 761 calories, 28g fat (10g saturated fat), 167mg cholesterol, 484mg sodium, 75g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 5g fiber), 56g protein.
Originally published as Pork Chops Polynesian in Cooking for 2 Winter 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.