- 6 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup whipped cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- Minced fresh parsley
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, combine the salt, pepper, garlic powder, thyme and oregano; rub over pork chops. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil. Add broth and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°, turning once. Remove chops and keep warm.
- Stir the cream cheese, butter and mustards into the skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Drain noodles; add to skillet and toss to coat. Serve with pork chops. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPork Chops with Creamy Mustard Noodles
"Loved this recipe. I didn't have cream cheese so I just added a large dollop of sour cream and it turned out wonderfully. I will definitely be making this again--and often! My husband REALLY liked the noodles!"
"Since I did not follow directions only giving 4 stars. Used Italian seasoning on the chops & put a lid on the pan the chops were cooking in and they made a lot of their own "broth" so I eliminated the beef broth and water. Used 8 oz of cream cheese (not whipped) split between noodles and skillet "broth" plus spicy stone ground mustard. Made a nice thick sauce and we really enjoyed the meal!"
"To much mustard .did. half and added pork broth"
"I swapped out the water for white wine and added a very large clove of garlic, pressed to the sauce. quick and very tasty"
"So good and so simple! Great for weekdays. Mustard flavor was very subtle."
"We loved this. I used stone ground and Dijon for the mustard, since that's what I had on hand. Only wish the sauce would have thickened up a bit. Will make again!"
"Very good....followed recipe just as described! pork turned out perfect. Noodles had great flavor just a tad to rich for my liking....next time will go with only 1/2 cup of cream cheese. Otherwise great dish."
"This dish was a big hit in our house. Will definitely make again!"
"Delicious. quick. Can vary types of mustard for different tastes."