Pork Chops with Cranberry Red Cabbage
My mother was of German heritage, so we had pork and sauerkraut often, along with potatoes. The cranberry sauce in the recipe adds a great flavor surprise. —Doris Heath Franklin, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thinck)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- In a skillet, brown the chops in oil; remove and set aside. Add the water, vinegar and cabbage to the drippings; cover and cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the applesauce, cranberry sauce and caraway seeds. Pour into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish; top with pork chops. Cover and bake a 350° for 50-60 minutes or until pork is tender.