Pork Chops with Cranberry Pan Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup cranberry-apple juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chops over medium heat, 3-5 minutes per side. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, mix cornstarch, juice and honey until smooth; stir in cranberries and herbs. Bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan; cook until thickened and bubbly, about 2 minutes.
- Add chops. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°, 4-5 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 1/2 cup rice: 374 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 333mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Dec 29, 2012
I was certain I had fresh tarragon in the house and turned out I didn't, so I used fresh parsley and dried tarragon. I think fresh would have improved the flavor. I'd use a bit more of both spices. I also think the cooking time is slightly off. I prefer a "browner" pork chop, so I'd do the initial browning for more than "3-4 minutes on each side." I served with a side of roasted vegetables and didn't bother with the rice. It's a very good flavor; the cranberry was, I believe, nicely noticeable throughout the pork. Not overpowering - but very pleasant. I will definitely make this again. Thanks for submitting Stephanie!
Feb 29, 2012
Thought the cranberry flavor would be more noticable throughout the pork. Probably won't make again.
Dec 17, 2008
Didn't make my favorite list.sc
Oct 24, 2008
Try clicking Print This Recipe under the picture and then Full Page which appears underneath. You should get just the recipe to save or print.
Oct 22, 2008
why can't I just addd the recipe without all the rest of the ads?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.