Pork Chops with Corn Dressing
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained or 1-1/2 cups fresh whole kernel corn
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 butterfly pork chops (about 1 inch thick)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- In a bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, corn, water, green pepper, onion and Worcestershire sauce; set aside.
- In a large ovenproof skillet or a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Lightly brown pork chops on both sides. Season with salt and pepper. Top with corn dressing mixture. Add enough water to cover bottom of pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for about 1 hour or until pork is tender. Add additional water to pan if necessary. Remove pork chops and dressing to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from drippings. Add soup and milk to pan drippings. Cook and stir over medium heat until hot and bubbly. Serve with pork chops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 360 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 698mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Oct 21, 2013
Very easy to prepare, but just didn't have the "wow" factor I was looking for. Not a bad recipe at all, but I would make a few changes next time I make it. The pork chops cooked perfectly - they were tender and moist, which is always good.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.