Pork Chops with Caraway Cabbage
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 4 pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown pork chops in oil; drain. Sprinkle with pepper; remove and keep warm.
- In same skillet, saute onion in butter for 1-2 minutes or until tender. Add the cabbage, garlic, vinegar, caraway and salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until cabbage wilts. Add chops to the skillet. Cover and simmer for 15-17 minutes or until meat is tender. Serve immediately.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 24, 2014
A good flavor but I needed to add a little more liquid to the dish.
Oct 13, 2010
This dish was extremely delicious, my family loved every bite! I have never cooked with caraway seeds, but I will definitely use them more often. Every time I took a bite was a buttery treat!