- 4 pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a skillet over high heat, brown the pork chops in oil; drain. Sprinkle with pepper; remove. Set aside. In same skillet, saute onion in butter for 1-2 minutes or until tender. Add cabbage, garlic, vinegar, caraway and salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until cabbage wilts. Place chops on top of cabbage. Cover and simmer for 15-17 minutes or until meat is tender. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPork Chops with Caraway Cabbage
"A good flavor but I needed to add a little more liquid to the dish."
"This dish was extremely delicious, my family loved every bite! I have never cooked with caraway seeds, but I will definitely use them more often. Every time I took a bite was a buttery treat!"