Pork Chops with Cabbage ‘n’ Tomato
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown pork chops. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, add the oil, onion and red pepper. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the cabbage, tomato, broth, pepper, salt and paprika.
- Return chops to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160° and vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 3/4 cup cabbage mixture : 202 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 286mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Mar 27, 2014
Such a wonderful recipe. I used to make one similar to this one that had dried parsley but ran out of that. So sought this one out . Thank God I had all the ingredients although I added minced garlic and used pace mild salsa and spaghetti sauce. Its what I had on hand, and it came out great.. I paired it with brown rice and a kale salad from 5 dollar dinners on food network. It has shredded carrots, red onions , vinegar and mayo . It complimented the pork perfectly. Highly recommend this meal. The longer you simmer the pork and cabbage the better and softer it comes out.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.