Pork Chops with Blackberry Sauce Recipe
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup seedless blackberry spreadable fruit
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon A.1. steak sauce
- 1. Broil chops 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the spreadable fruit, ketchup, garlic and mustard. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and steak sauce until smooth. Gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 261 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 279mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Blackberry Sauce
"I didn't have blackberry jam but I did have leftover jellied cranberry sauce so I used that with a little added honey over the pork chops. My toddlers ate it all which is always the hardest earned seal of approval!"
"I baked the boneless pork chops covered in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes as they were thick. I then poured the sauce over them. It was very good."
"My family loved this recipe. I even used the sugar free blackberry spreadable fruit and worked great!"
"Delicious easy recipe. Definitely will be making this recipe again!"