Pork Chops with Apricot Rice
I came up with this recipe to use some of my favorite ingredients in a quick-to-fix entree. I love the combination of apricots, golden raisins and celery with the crunch of almonds. I've gotten raves with this distinctive pork chop dish. -Fayne Lutz, Taos, New Mexico
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) apricot halves, undrained
- 6 pork chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- In a blender or food processor, puree the apricots until smooth; set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown pork chops in butter for 2-3 minutes on each side; remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute celery until tender. Add rice, water, raisins, ginger, salt, pepper and apricot puree; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in almonds.
- Pour into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place the chops on top. Cover and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until the pork is no longer pink and the rice is tender.